Saturday, August 14, 2010

Arrival!

I arrived this morning about noon. The flights went pretty smoothly despite a 45 minute wait on the tarmac in Houston. I traveled with four other classmates the entire trip which made things a little less anxious.

I had the occasion to be duped by a 12 year old on my way over. Here is what happened.

I was loading onto my flight in Portland and came up to my seat. The kid and his grandma were in their appropiate seats, they were my only obstical to my great window seat, where I could look out my window, watch Portland fade away and lean my head against the wall and fall asleep. This is how I pictured it in my mind. This was supposed to be my flight.

Instead, the kid looks up and kinda stammered ´´Uh, um, my grandma and I were wondering if you would change seats with us.´´ I heasetated, I really wanted my window seat. It seemed like he got the message and looked down kinda dissapointed. ´´no, its alright´´ he says.
´´Uh, oh yeah OK´´ I respond fealing guilty that I would take this potential early developmental experience of sitting in a window seat on a plane, away from a kid.

Well what happened, the kid promptly slides over puts on some sleeping blinders and falls asleep before we even take off. He is a pro.

1 comment:

  1. WOW..great pictures!! Glad you had a good flight down..as for the 12 y/o..just think to yourself that you did your part to prevent this lad from becoming a serial killer later in life. Ya did good...

    ReplyDelete